The Authority in Construction, Paving and Crane Equipment
Kirby-Smith Machinery is a leading industrial, road building and construction equipment dealer of cranes, excavators, dozers, pavers, boom trucks, backhoe loaders and other heavy equipment - with quality products selected for their dependability and performance, and backed by manufacturer's support. Established in 1983 in Oklahoma City, Kirby-Smith has grown into a regional distributor with 10 branch locations in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas and internet access for customers here and beyond. Return to this site often for product and finance specials and the ever-changing list of new and used equipment for sale and equipment rentals.
Member of Industry Associations
- 1983 Incorporated in Oklahoma City. Focused on selling used equipment.
- 1984 Became dealer for Link-Belt Cranes and Excavators.
- 1987 Purchased Advance Machinery Company and moved to current Oklahoma locations, and acquiring several new accounts including Komatsu.
- 1991 Awarded the franchise for Grove Cranes in Oklahoma. Also acquired AIS Continental Equipment Corp in Oklahoma City, adding the Dresser franchise for Western Oklahoma.
- 1995 Awarded the Dresser franchise for Eastern Oklahoma.
- 2001 Expanded into North Texas with a third branch located in Worth, by purchasing the National Crane assets from Vermeer Equipment of Texas, Inc. The Kansas territory for National Cranes was awarded to Kirby-Smith and was serviced out of the Oklahoma City and Tulsa locations.
- 2002 Awarded the franchise for Grove Cranes in Kansas, Missouri, and Southern Illinois. Purchased the Grove Crane assets from Fabick Tractor and established a fourth branch in St Louis.
- 2002 Awarded the Manitowoc account for Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, and Southern Illinois.
- 2006 Awarded the franchise for Bomag compaction and milling products in North Texas and the LeeBoy/Rosco franchise for Kansas and W. Missouri.
- 2007 Acquired property in Ft Worth, TX; constructed and relocated to new facility.
- 2009 Acquired property in Kansas City, Kansas, for construction of a new branch facility.
- 2009 Acquired assets of Continental Equipment and Komatsu franchise for North and West Texas.
- 2009 Awarded the Wirtgen America franchise for Oklahoma; North and West Texas.
- 2010 Awarded the Kleemann and Atlas Copco franchise for Oklahoma; North and West Texas.
- 2012 Awarded the Gehl and Manitou franchise for Oklahoma; North and West Texas.
- 2012 New Facility in Odessa, TX.
- 2013 New Facility in Abilene, TX.
- 2014 Added Vacuworx Product line.